- Student Life
- About Us
Chemistry or Physics
This course covers the scientific method, the solar system, astronomical distances, ancient astronomy, eclipses and motions of the moon, gravitation and the planets, the nature of light, optics and telescopes, the Earth’s energy sources, plate tectonics, magnetic fields, the four rocky planets and the four gaseous planets, Jupiter and Saturn’s satellites, the Kuiper belt objects Pluto and Ceres, the Sun, Stellar evolution, colors and spectroscopy.
1. All JPII Students must take three years of science
2. Students must take biology and either physics or chemistry to graduate
3. Four years of science with chemistry are recommended for four-year colleges
4. A biology, chemistry, and physics course are the best background for a career in science, engineering or medicine. Universities view taking physics positively when selecting incoming college freshmen!
5. Anatomy, AP Environmental, and AP Biology are senior only courses