- Student Life
- About Us
The review of placement test results administered by JPII, especially math and reading
The final grade of “A” in both 8th grade science and math courses
Student/parent/department chairperson dialogue as necessary
Math placement in honors geometry for grade 9 (placement in geometry with department approval)
Biology honors will cover most areas of Biology. An emphasis is placed on inquiry to discover the major concepts in Biology – energy and matter, maintenance of equilibrium, evolution, interactions, interdependence, genetic continuity, growth and differentiation, and the place of science in society. Laboratory experience is extensive with work both in the lab and outside. This course is designed to help students to begin to view life from the level of the biosphere to the molecular level. Students will produce a minimum of two formal lab reports.
1. All JPII Students must take three years of science
2. Students must take biology and either physics or chemistry to graduate
3. Four years of science with chemistry are recommended for four-year colleges
4. A biology, chemistry, and physics course are the best background for a career in science, engineering or medicine. Universities view taking physics positively when selecting incoming college freshmen!
5. Anatomy, AP Environmental, and AP Biology are senior only courses