- Student Life
- About Us
This laboratory course covers the chemical and physical nature of living things with an emphasis on the cell, its anatomy and physiology. The course includes a general survey of all 5 kingdoms focusing on their interactions with each other, their relationship with humans, and the basic principles of Ecology. Emphasis is placed upon the skills of microscope use, safe laboratory practices, dissection and the continuing use of proper scientific methods.
1. All JPII Students must take three years of science
2. Students must take biology and either physics or chemistry to graduate
3. Four years of science with chemistry are recommended for four-year colleges
4. A biology, chemistry, and physics course are the best background for a career in science, engineering or medicine. Universities view taking physics positively when selecting incoming college freshmen!
5. Anatomy, AP Environmental, and AP Biology are senior only courses