- Student Life
- About Us
Human Anatomy & Physiology Honors
C in Chemistry
This course is designed to introduce students pursuing careers in the allied health fields to the structure and function of the human body. Building in an understanding of anatomical concepts and physiological processes, rather than rote memorization, is emphasized. Discussions of clinical examples, current research techniques, and medical ethics occur to highlight these complimentary areas. The meticulous dissection of a lower mammal and various other major mammalian organs will form the framework for the Gross Anatomy study.
1. All JPII Students must take three years of science
2. Students must take biology and either physics or chemistry to graduate
3. Four years of science with chemistry are recommended for four-year colleges
4. A biology, chemistry, and physics course are the best background for a career in science, engineering or medicine. Universities view taking physics positively when selecting incoming college freshmen!
5. Anatomy, AP Environmental, and AP Biology are senior only courses