JPII at a Glance
John Paul II Catholic High School is a college preparatory school that embraces the mission of Jesus Christ: to form men and women of faith, knowledge and service in church and community. Within the tradition of our Catholic faith, we build character through the development of the whole person in mind, body, and spirit and instill a commitment to lifelong learning. Our focus of guiding students into their choice college relies on our safe and constructive environment for the exploration of their passions and growth as a person overall. We are not solely content with academic rigor. JPII provides a multitude of academic, athletic, civic, social, and spiritual opportunities for students to become involved in their community. We encourage our students to engage in each aspect of student life to become a well-rounded young scholar—the highest form of preparation for college and beyond.
John Paul II Catholic High School is located in Greenville, NC, a four-year studies program within the Diocese of Raleigh. We are the most accessible, premier Catholic high school in the region and we celebrate the diversity that truly represents eastern North Carolina.
- A 4-year study program, with the traditional subject coursework completed in three years. The senior year is reserved for college preparation.
- Meets and exceeds NC standards with unique college preparation classes.
- Introduction to Intellectual Life: 9th grade students are introduced to scholarly writing, efficient study habits, and how to perform meaningful research
- Senior Thesis Seminar: students write, research, and defend a philosophical dilemma in religion and reason using texts and discussion with the Socratic method
- Senior Internship Program: students work with local businesses to gain applied experience from the classroom in their field
- 5:1 student-to-faculty ratio.
- Semester-long senior internships and senior thesis capstone.
- Starting in the 9th grade, students receive individual faculty advising for college preparation.
- 100% of faculty hold Bachelor’s degrees, 70% hold advanced postsecondary degrees in their fields.
- Numerous honors and AP courses available.
- Students taught via Socratic Method, encouraging critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Learning services and tutoring options are available.
- Every student receives a personal iPad.
- Dedicated science lab for hands-on, STEM-related classes including chemistry, biology, and physics.
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) via AdvancEd and the College Board.
- Small student body allows meaningful relationships with peers.
- Staff and faculty encourage students to grow and mature together in a safe and structured environment based on freedom.
- Numerous service opportunities teach students the importance of being stewards of the community.
- Our diverse, inclusive population is a true representation of the eastern NC region.
- We offer lunch every day from area restaurants catered in for our students.
- Fields trips and local art and music shows provide hands-on learning opportunities.
- Extracurricular activities:
- Spanish Club
- Yearbook Club
- Boat Building
- Project Band
- National Honor Society
- Student Government
- 100% of our student body participates in at least one extracurricular activity or sport.
- Use Gospel values to teach students to improve the quality of life in their communities and churches with their talents, service, and academic excellence.
- We welcome students of all faiths and beliefs. They explore world religions and Catholicism and strengthen their own faith.
- Religious activities:
- Weekly Mass
- On-site chaplain appointed by the Bishop
- Yearly spiritual retreats
- Daily gospel readings
- Student service in the school and community, such as:
- Food Bank
- Ronald McDonald House
- Special Olympics
- Community crisis (hurricane cleanup, etc.)
- 100% college acceptance rate.
- Graduates have received more than $1 million in grants and scholarships.
- Impressive and growing list of college and university acceptances.
- Financial aid is available for families who qualify.
- We are one of the least expensive private high schools in our region.
- Highly-qualified, experienced teachers focus on the individual student to achieve their maximum potential.
- Transition discounts are available for students transferring from area Catholic grade schools.
- Senior internships and experience prior to college.
- We’re preparing students for more than just college, but life after graduation through education of the mind, body, and spirit.