To bring these opportunities to as many deserving students as possible, John Paul II Catholic High School announces the JPII Merit Scholarship to help motivated and deserving 8th grade students in Pitt County Schools offset the cost of a Catholic high school education, and reap its benefits for the rest of their lives.
- One 8th grade student at each of the K-8 or 6-8 Pitt County Schools will be selected. Students do not have to be Catholic to be eligible.
- Applications will be evaluated based on academic performance, evidence of leadership capability, service/volunteerism, and demonstrated financial need.
- Scholarship amount is $6,500 per year for 4 years.
- gymnasium for basketball and volleyball
- football field with track
- baseball field
- soccer field
- softball field
JPII currently fields 14 sports teams including baseball, volleyball, and men’s and women’s basketball, cross country, golf, soccer, swimming, and track and field. The addition of these facilities will allow the school to grow its athletic program to include football, lacrosse, softball, and wrestling. Construction is scheduled to begin in April with the new facilities ready for most sports in the 2018-2019 school year.